Tuesday, February 12, 2019

A Prayer for The One Who Is Left




     My Grandmother said once that the one who lives the longest will bury the most, and carry the heaviest burden of grief.  I understand that more and more as the Lord removes people that I love from my life.  

     A short prayer written by an unknown author was shared with me after Momma's homegoing.  It is poignant and right to the heart of how I have felt so often while dealing with Momma's absence.  I find myself praying to the Lord to help me see the meaning of my faith and the reason I am still here on this earth.  

     God's ways are not our ways.  And there are things we will not understand this side of Heaven.  And until we are there with Him, we can only trust His heart.

     Shared in love,

                    Cris 
* * *

A Prayer For The One Who Is Left

     Lord, the trouble about life just now is that I seem to have all things which don't matter, and to have lost all the things which do matter.

     I have life;
     I have enough money to live on; 
     I have plenty to occupy me;
     but I feel so alone, and sometimes it seems that nothing can make up for that.

     Lord, compel me to see the meaning of my faith.  

     Make me to realize ...

that I have a hope as well as a memory, and
the unseen cloud of witnesses is around me:

that You meant it when You said that
You would always be with me;

and make me to realize that as long as You leave
me here there is something that I am meant
to do; and in doing it, help me to find the
comfort and the courage that I need to go on.

     In Jesus' name, 
                   Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment