Saturday, June 20, 2020

Missing Daddy this Father's Day




     My Daddy went to Heaven in 1976.  He was only 49.  So young and taken out of my life far too soon.  

     Since Momma's homegoing 3 years ago, I have found that I am missing Daddy in a new way.  It's almost like I have started grieving for him again.  I was told recently that this is not uncommon because when you still have one parent living, you have an emotional link to the deceased parent through that living parent.  I understand that because I could always talk to Momma about Daddy and their life together, and somehow that kept his close and ... well, still alive to me.  Now both are in Heaven and I miss them more every day.

     So this Father's Day, I share this poem and remember Daddy.

     Share in love,

                       Cris 

~~~~~~~~~~

A poem for Daddy on Father's Day

A million times we've needed you,
A million times we've cried.

If love alone could've kept you,
You never would have died.

In life we loved you dearly,
In death we love you still.

In our hearts you hold a place,
No one else will ever fill.

It broke our hearts to lose you, 
But you didn't go alone.

Part of us went with you,
The day God took you Home.


                          Author Unknown






No comments:

Post a Comment